- Going on a work trip to NYC Wednesday/Thursday. Company paying for the bus ride, hotel accommodations, Wednesday's lunch, a Mets game, Wednesday's Dinner, Thursday's breakfast & lunch & the bus ride home after meetings. I can't wait!
- 3 day weekend coming up!
- once I get my at home access, I get to work from home 1 day a week if I choose
- my fiancée and & are starting some wedding planning (and will make it as stress-free as possible.
- I returned some unneeded work clothes and got some $ from my clothing budget back
- received a $25.xx check from Shop at Home...which goes to my Christmas budget
-my toilet handle broke & I was able to replace it MYSELF and for under $5.00
-my reel mower is working great, but I had some really tall weeds. My neighbor offered to weedwack for me in exchange for using my reel mower on his low grass. I was all for that! LOL
Not so good stuff:
- I got a $110 ticket for running a red light. Its in an area that I am unfamiliar with and I turned in a right hand turn lane with no sign indicating that I wouldn't. I am debating fighting it or not (court costs plus day off the new job may not make it worth it).
- the house is a mess and I can't seem to get it organized at all
- some of my illness issues are returning. So I am trying to take better care of myself!
Archive for May, 2013
This Friday will be the first full pay period paycheck from the new job. It will also be the first to have medical, ect. taken out.
The check is direct deposited on Friday, but it will show up on line tomorrow. SOOOOO excited so I can make a to the cent budget!!
In other news, I was supposed to have jury duty tomorrow, but it's been cancelled. I may be recalled in a few months.
The new job is going so well! We have a trip to our other office in New York City next week. Train in & out, plus 1 night hotel all paid for! Wednesday, we will have lunch, see a Mets game & then dinner... all paid for by the company! Thursday will be a business meeting during the day & we will be taking the train back home. Normal work Friday, then a 3 day weekend.
I am SO excited! The job has some serious training opportunities that could open a whole knew world of career options. I am hoping to put my best foot forward & get into the training (paid for by the company) as soon as possible!
In other news, the FIANCEE and I are going to be looking at wedding locations on Saturday. We are staying on a budget with the wedding, but are splurging on venue. Only because my parents have had a savings account set aside for my wedding since I was a kid.
I tried to refuse the funds, but it caused some hurt pride/feelings. So we (the couple) talked it over & are accepting letting them pay for the venue. We plan on paying for all else & I DO plan on being frugal with our money & theirs.
Wish me luck!
The new job is going very well. I am excited to be learning new things and having more responsibility.
Some perks with the job are working very close to where I live and having a free to me gym! It's pretty dinky but will do in a pinch!
This weekend, the boyfriend & I stayed in Friday night. I met a friend at a park right after work & did a few miles walking in the park.
Saturday morning, another friend & I walked near my neighborhood. Free is fun!
I went to my nephew's soccer game & hung out with my family. Free again!
Saturday night was date night. We used a living social then went to this 80's arcade bar. Spent about $30 between drinks & games, but we had an absolute blast!
Today, I walked with two friends at a different park. Free again! Then I took my niece to see a children's play for my mom. She was supposed to go, but was ill, so I went in her place. Free tickets and $1 spent on water. Pretty frugal!
Afterwards, I spent some time at my parents & my sister & I gave my parents a gift of a B&B overnight stay in a nearby scenic town. We shopped around and got a great deal for $109 that included breakfast, coupons for local events and a $25 gift certificate to a local restaurant. Can't beat that!
Tonight, I skipped Sunday dinner with some friends and stayed in. Made dinner at home & already have lunch packed for tomorrow.
The house is a mess, but I was able to clean the kitchen and get some laundry done.
I am working on rolling over my previous employer's retirement & 401k to an IRA. I don't want to leave them with my previous employer. Gotta love paperwork!