Lots of updates & promising to stay in touch!August 12th, 2012 at 05:05 pm
So things have been crazy. Still. But in good ways. The foot has healed (mostly - I am taking a little physical therapy), my job is changing, I gave extremely early notice to my roommate because my boyfriend is moving in.
I have been dealing with a LOT of medical expenses. I have put over $1500 out of pocket. I am fighting to get $389 refunded to me and hopefully will have that in the next week or so.
So - to update - here are a bunch of bullets
1. Christmas planning is going well - although I used $250.59 of my Christmas cash to go to a medical bill. I am focused on making coasters for friends/family for Christmas. They are incredibly easy to make & definitely have been a hit with people who have seen them.
2. I have been selling on Craigslist. $83 so far. I sold 8 generic wine glasses for $8, an elliptical for $40, a foodsaver for $15, a digital frame for $10, & an old vacuum for $10. I also have 2 framed posters, a rolling tv stand, and a breadmaker on there. I am also planning on putting up the inherited dining room set in my basement. Last weekend, I cleaned it up, polished & took pictures. I am going through furniture resale places, not Craigslist though.
3. I am working at Swagbucks. Definitely not earning as quickly as I did before. However, every little bit helps. I also utilize Cashcrate, Inbox Dollars, Bing Rewards & Synovate surveys.
4. I tallied up my gift cards/restaurant.coms. I have a free overnight at a B&B, 5 restaurant.com certificate, $10 to batting cages, $36 Fandango bucks, $25 to Barnes & Noble, $15 to Pier One and $20 Old navy dollars.
5. I am working on meal planning & eating in more. It's hard to balance with having an active social life, but I may find it easier once the boyfriend moves in
6. I have missed posting - but have been reading & I am glad to see you all are doing well!